Sunday, February 20, 2011

Updates #1

Well, not really updates on the chapters but just a few things to let you guys know so that you can breathe a little easy.



1) A couple of translators have contacted me. Plus Macka, the proofreader/QC. Yippee! The one who did Tonari No Atashi Chapter 15 and 16 was Sara. Thank her please. She gave me the raws. I spent the last few hours putting the montage like Bebe usually does but since it's already 1.22am my time, my stupid Internet connection is slowing down so no matter how hard I tried, the uploading is as slow as a turtle. I'll try again tomorrow.

2) It's confirmed; I will be subscribing to Betsucomi and Betsuma from next month onwards (if Bebe is still uncontactable and I can cancel the subscription anytime). Rejoice, L-DK fans! I have chapters 23 and 24 raws with me, courtesy of Osora. I just need to find a translator willing to do the summary.

Yumemiru Taiyou fans out there, I am not sure whether I can manage to procure this month's issue of Betsuma. I asked a friend who is in Japan right now to get it for me so hopefully he will *fingers crossed* It is, as usual sold out in my local bookstore so if that friend can't get Betsuma from me, I have to get it from an external source.

3) Talking about that external source, so I placed an order for this month's copy of Betsucomi and my shipment is currently in a limbo... The only time you wished for the weekend to go faster is when you need answers from a government agency. They work on weekdays only and somehow, this kind of screw up usually happens during the weekend when there is no one around to answer your frantic questions. I am so itching to edit Bokura Ga Ita, this wait is killing me!

3) I'll probably open up a poll to ask for your views on the magazine title that I should subscribe to next. I think I have room for one more subscription. But I'll wait it out cause I am still hoping for Bebe to come back.

All right, enough of my ramblings. To all those who have left comments, I'm sorry if I don't reply to you personally. Just to let you know that I do read all of your comments (even if I don't reply to them) so I really appreciate whatever you have to say. Thank you once again!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all those good news. I feel so relieved even though I still worry for Bebe,I hope that she's doing just fine and that she's just been busy with her everyday life.
    I'm looking foward to reading BGI next chapter.
    Thank you so much for your hardwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks shmook, to you and all the staff!I'm looking forward to read your updates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you a lot shmook!!! you are great !!!!!!!! I will wait patiently you Yumemiru summary :)
    Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya!
    Macka contacted me about the trouble.

    I had problems with my computer, and I kinda still do, but I'd like to continue with my summaries of Yumemiru, seeing how I've summarized all the existing chapters starting from the very first one (and was late with the last chapter, so other translator's summary was up before).

    Please contact me at translatorkanade@yahoo.com for further summaries^^ OH! And I'd also like to do Tora to Ookami from Betsucomi^^

    And btw, I'm also subbing for mags, but josei ones - Zero Sum, Zero Sum Ward, and Avarus.'ve been thinking of Lala and Betsuma, but since there are people subbing to it, then I'll sub to a less popular mag then^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant Tora to Ookami from Betsuma, sorry -.-'

    ReplyDelete
  6. your awesome, keep up the good work <3

    Hope you hear from Bebe soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this! I'm just glad to know that summaries and scanlations for these series won't be going on hold for much longer! Though I do worry about Bebe... :(

    I'd also just like to ask, is the summary for LDK 23 here on this blog yet? Or did you mean you've gotten hold of the raws and that you're waiting for a person to translate them?

    Anyway, thank again! Keep up the good work and wishing you all the best of luck as you take on these projects! :)

    -Cheebishii

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cheebishii the summary for LDK chapter 23 and 24 will be posted up on this blog once i got them from the translator. the translator is doing them right now =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh! Sorry about that! I just got confused! ><

    And thank you again! :)

    -Cheebishii

    ReplyDelete